Feature game Leinster Leader Arlington FC 4 Moone Celtic FC 3

Feature game Leinster Leader Arlington FC 4 Moone Celtic FC 3

Hill Mechanical and Electrical Division 3

Arlington FC 4 Moone Celtic FC 3

Castle Park Portarlington was the venue for this intriguing encounter between the in form Moone and Atlington FC who enjoy joint top spot.
Moone started strong and were dominant in the early stages. The first chance came to the visitors on the eleventh minute with a free kick taken by Brian  Mackey that just found its way over the bar. Again the visitors applied the pressure when Adam Steed got played through on goal with only the keeper to beat the ball just crept wide. 
Arlington slowly began to get their foothold on the game and some good link up play between Jordan Fallon and Conor Livingstone saw Andrew Hart shoot over from twenty five yards. Arlington took the lead on twenty minutes when the ever running Curtis Lyons was taken down on the right side of the box, up stepped the very impressive Jordan Fallon who’s free gave Moone custodian Willie Clynch no chance at all to put the home side 1-0 up.

Arlington doubled their lead four minutes later when a sweeping move between Lyons and Fallon allowed Fallon to shot but his effort hit the upright and fall kindly to Robbie Whelan who made no mistake in finding the net. Moone continued to press in the warm sunshine and thought they’d got back into the after a free on the right hit the bar and was finished by Howe but the referee ruled it out for offside. Moone continued to push forward with intent. A fabulous cross from Davy Howe just missed the head of Adam Steed with Moone creating most of the chances. Arlington should of put the game to bed in the closing minutes first half when another Fallon free parried onto the path of Whelan who somehow blazed over.

The second half started at a very high tempo with four goals in the first fifteen minutes as Moone continued to dominate in the early stages as they did in the first and their perseverance finally paid off when Kealan Hegarty was pushed in the back when he had the ball in the box and a penalty was awarded. The cool headed Davy Howe took on the responsibility and calmly placed the ball clinically in the bottom corner of the Arlington net leaving the minimum between the sides. Arlington didn’t wait long in regaining their two goal advantage however when two minutes later some nice tidy play from Carroll and Wall on the right won a free just inside the Arlington half. Jordan Fallon’s free caught out the Moone keeper and unbelievably found the back of the net from his own half to give Arlington a 3 – 1 lead.
The goals kept coming as soon after Moone failed to surrender linking up again Davy Howe played a wonderful through ball to Adam Steed who made no mistake in burying the ball into the side of the goal with no hope for the visiting keeper to put only a dingle goal between the sides yet again. With three goals scored in the first fifteen minutes of the second half this had the makings of a goal fest and in the sixtieth minute Arlington were awarded a penalty. Up stepped Fallon looking for his hattrick but the Moone keeper Willie Clynch guessed correctly to save brilliantly but Fallon reacted quickly to tuck away the rebound to restore the home side’s two goal advantage and claim his hattrick. To their credit Moone never stopped and were causing the Arlington defence trouble. The visitors created another chance started by Gary Lambe from the right back position. He played a precise pass to Adam Steed who instinctively flicked the ball through to the onrushing Davy Howe who slotted the ball passed the Arlington keeper for his second of the game, yet again the minimum between the sides with time almost up.
Arlington kept the ball well as Moone tried to get the equalizer. Moone turned up the pressure for the last ten minutes and had two free kicks that came close in the dying minutes taken firstly by Brian Mackey and the second by Kealan Hegarty buth they both just missed out on finding their target. Arlington closed up shop and played out the dying minutes to claim all three points keeping the pressure on front runners Sallins Celtic. Moone’s recent run of form is starting to show the fruits of many months of hard work and their Manager Niall Kearins has put together a brilliant squad who will surely take points for the remainder of the competition based on their performances over the last number of weeks.

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.