top of page

Feature game Leinster Leader

Noel Recruitment Premier League Play off Final.

Coill Dubh AFC 5 Kilcock Celtic FC 1

Coill Dubh AFC captured the Noel Recruitment Premier Division in style on Sunday when they overcame Kilcock Celtic on a scoreline of 5-1. The eventual winners started game the quicker of the two teams with some quick one touch play through the centre field which resulted in the first corner of the game. An outstanding corner from Emmet Donoghue was sent to the back post where KDFL Podcast player of the month Dylan Hannon was fouled in the box and Referee Billy Conlon pointed to the spot. The subsequent penalty was tucked home by the captain Joe Bowers.

Coill dubh didn't take the foot off the gas there and took the game to Kilcock. Soon after they doubled their advantage when some great high pressing by striker Barry Noone who robbed the ball from the Kilcock defence and went through on goal and slotted to the top corner to take it 2-0 after 28 minutes. Hungry for more goals the leaders pushed and pushed to extend their lead through some brilliant one two passes through the left hand side with winger Conor Brady whipping in a low driven cross to the back post, Kilcock were slow to clear their lines and Emmett Donoghue was on hand to strike it under the goal keepers arms to make it 3-0 to the ‘Dubh’

Captain Joe Bowers was at the heart of the leaders fourth goal of the half with his hard work and determination won the ball in midfield and played to winger Conor Brady who in turn played a superb ball into danger man Hannon. He was so composed with the Kilcock keeper and centre back rushing onto him but he was unfazed and calmly slotted it into the back of the net to make it 4-0 to Coill Dubh at half time.

Kilcock started off the stronger of the two sides on the resumption and tried to claw back the four goal deficit with some tidy work down the right hand side catching Coill Dubh’s defence off guard but keeper Luke Anderson was on hand to stop Kilcock from scoring a goal early in the second half with a fine save. Coill dubh slowly got into the game half way through the second half with some fine work through Lawlor at right back and striker Barry Noone whipped in a brilliant cross into Conor Brady who stuck it into the left hand side of the Kilcock goal to make it 5-0. Coill Dubh took the foot off the pedal a little bit and conceded a superb goal from Kilcock’s Josh Sherlock who beat Anderson at his far post making it 5-1. Kilcock tried to put a bit of pressure on the Dubh défence but with some brilliant last ditch defending from Billy McNamee and Trevor Mc Donald they kept the Kilcock at bay. Coill dubh had some half chances with Noone and Hannon trying to add to their tallies but were unlucky with some great saves by Kilcock’s sub Goalkeeper.

The game ended 5-1 to Coill Dubh putting them back into Kildare’s top division after a long period. Its hard to pick a Man of the Match as everyone of the Coill Dubh players including the substitutes played such a vital part in topping off a league campaign with only one defeat in the campaign.

24 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page