top of page

KDFL Senior Div Team Focus

League Action.

Naas United FC 1 Arlington FC 1

Naas UTD took on a strong Arlington side on a beautiful day in Doctors Road. In what was an eagerly awaited affair Naas United started strong with Sheldon Mbala and Daragh Faherty working well down the left side, the 

first chance of the game fell to Richie French on the edge of the area after some brilliant work from Faherty but the Arlington defence stood strong with Jay Conlon at the heart of the visiting defence. The game was very closely contested for the remainder of the first half with Naas’ Rox and Keith Higgins impressing. Arlington proved dangerous on the break and their first chance fell to Olu Solanke when he received the ball from a throw in let the ball run across his body and he hit a dipping left footed volley that went just over. The first goal of game came when Faherty beat two players inside the box and was taken down for a penalty which was dispatched well by Rox Higgins on the stroke of half time giving Evan Gratten in the Arlington goal no chance. Arlington came out stronger in the second half and were causing Naas’s solid defence of the two Higgins brothers, Jordan Martella, Jamie Dunne and Sheldon Mbala some problems. Arlington equalised from a smartly taken corner which was well deserved when a well worked corner from Jake Nicholl was drilled low towards the penalty spot with Jay Conlon backheeling the ball into the bottom left leaving the Naas keeper no chance. The game was end to end after that with Naas and Arlington both having their chances, with the draw being a fair result. Best for Naas were Rox Higgins, Jamie Dunne, Daragh Faherty and MOTM Keith Higgins. Best on the day for Arlington were Iain Higgins and James hamberlain at fullback,  Nicholl  Kenny and Mc Neill in the middle with Motm match going to Jay Conlon at Cb

Coill Dubh AFC 4 Kilcullen AFC 2

Coill Dubh AFC started quickly, taking the lead just two minutes in. Stalwart Sean MacMahon picked up a pass in the central area and delivered a beautiful ball to Jayson Devine, who made no mistake, giving Coill Dubh an early advantage. With their confidence high, Coill Dubh continued their pursuit of a second goal. It didn’t take long—by the 10th minute, Devine struck again, cutting in from the left and finishing superbly. Coill Dubh were relentless, launching wave after wave of attacks. Devine had a good chance for a hat-trick, but the Kilcullen keeper made a fine save. In the thirty ninth minute, Sean McMahon displayed his technical ability by setting up Stephen Agbele, who coolly finished to put Coill Dubh 3-0 up. Kilcullen's misery was compounded just before halftime when MacMahon once again orchestrated a move that allowed Devine to complete his hat-trick with a brilliant goal.

The second half saw Kilcullen push forward, looking more dangerous and creating several good opportunities, though they couldn't capitalise. Against the run of play, Coill Dubh broke forward and had two great chances—Joey Behan failed to beat the keeper in a one-on-one, and MacMahon's shot from a tight angle was saved. Kilcullen's persistence paid off in the seventy first minute when Dylan Aulsbury pulled one back after two Coill Dubh defenders failed to clear a loose ball in the box. Kilcullen continued to press, creating several more chances. Aulsbury managed to score his second in the ninety fifth minute, but it was too little, too late as Coill Dubh ran out deserving winners.

Standout performers for Coill Dubh were Joe Bowers at centre half, Sean MacMahon, Jamie Gartland, Ryan Murran, Stephen Agbele, and Man of the Match Jay Devine, who delivered a superb all-around performance and a hat-trick. Coill Dubh's fast start and relentless attacking play secured a well-deserved victory against Kilcullen. Despite a late push from Kilcullen, the Dubhs' early dominance was enough to see them through.

Clane United FC 6 Rathangan AFC 1

Clane started strong and dominated early exchanges and went close on several occasions through Ralph Comiskey and Geoghegan.  0n fifteen minutes the deadlock was broken as Geoghegan pulled  back a ball from the left for Comiskey to finish .  Soon after Sean Connolly made it two with a neat finish from a Liam Deane cross.  On the half hour  Deane made it 3 as he rounded the visiting keeper played through by Adam Hinds.  Clane well on top were guilty of some poor finishing as Ralph and Comiskey went close  and Comiskey also unlucky to strike the post from twenty five yards out.  Just as half time approached Sean Connolly added his second as the ball broke from a set piece he back-heeled or miskicked it !! in into the Rathangan net to effectively give the home side 3 points. Clane scored 2 more goals in the second half as Ben Kirwin unselfishly laid a ball on for Comiskey to tap home and Deane added a sixth.  In between them Rathangan scored as Lee Moore was brought down in the box by Rasdi Nsimba and he stepped up to convert .  Best for Clane Comiskey, Deane and Adam Hinds. Best for Rathangan was Lee Moore. 

Clonmullion AFC 4 Newbridge Hotspurs FC 0

The home side took the lead after five minutes when a Keane Cully free kick was nodded back into the danger area by Johnny Fennel and Nathan Robinson applied the finish. Clonmullion continued to dominate possession and Ross Cardiff and Benny Lawlor combined well down the left for the latter to cross but Barry Doyle reacted first to prevent the ball reaching Jack Dooley at the back post. With twenty five minutes gone Rickie Moriarity headed the ball into the path of Lawlor who was left one on one with Ryan Harvey and the attacker attempted to lob the keeper but he managed to get finger tips to the ball to clear the danger. Hotspurs first clear chance came on the half hour mark when Eoin McGrath had a shot from twenty yards out but Nathan Germaine saved well with his feet. Just on the stroke of half time centre half Doyles headed clearance fell to Lee Day who hit a superb first time half volley which Harvey could only parry into the path of the on rushing Dooley who made it 2 nil.

Twenty minutes into the second half it was three after Fennel won the ball back in the middle of the park and fed Chris Chanders who fed a great ball to Lawlor who finished expertly down to the keeper's right. Lawlor could have got his second after Moriarity made a great pass out of defence and his lobbed effort just went narrowly over the bar. With five minutes remaining it was four after the hard working Chanders beat two defenders and crossed in from the right where young Ger Kenny finished beautifully at the back post to score for his third game in a row. Best for Clonmullion were Moriarity and Foley in defence Chanders and Dooley in midfield and Lawlor up front. Best for the visitors were keeper Ryan Harvey, Barry Doyle at the back and McGrath and Doyle up front. 

21 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page