top of page


Arlington FC 4 Kilcullen AFC 2

On a glorious morning for football, Kilcullen travelled to Arlington. With both sides needing a win after week 1 it started off cagey enough. Both side formation wise cancelling out each other. But a short goal kick from the Kilcullen keeper was pounced on by Arlington’s Ceilum Maher who won the ball back and set up his strike Olu Solanke for a quick 1-0 to Arlington. Kilcullen then grew into the game and their striker Dylan Aulsbury had two chances in quick succession but a great save and the woodwork saved Arlington. Soon after a long ranged shot which was fumbled by the Kilcullen goalkeeper was tapped home by the impressive Ceilum Maher to make it 2-0 to Arlington. 

The visitors kept pressing but to no avail and soon after the third and killer goal for Arlington came just on the stroke of half time when good work in the midfield from Collins Ugochukwu and Robbie Mc Neill lead to Ceilum Maher finding a pocket of space with room to run into and he unleashed a venomous strike which required kilcullen’s keeper to use all his stretch to keep it out only for the ball to fall to Shane Nealon who slammed home from close range to put the home side going into the break with a comfortable 3-0 lead. 

Kilcullen started the second half on the front foot pressing and were rewarded with a penalty when home defender Jay Conlon was adjudged to have handled the ball in the area. Unfortunately Dave Wilson couldn't convert from the spot  following an excellent save from KDFL goalkeeper of the year Evan Grattan. Kilcullen kept plugging away and with twenty minutes remaining Dylan Aulsbury pulled one back after a press from the front and he went found his way past the advancing Grattan to make it 3-1.  Arlington’s Jake Nicholl won a free twenty five yards out to the left hand side of the box, unable to play quickly Arlington left the free to Ceilum Maher who fizzed a ball around the outside of the wall which nestled into the bottom corner to make it 4-1. Kilcullen kept pressing and got another from Ross O Connor Dowling but it wasn't enough. Best on the day for Arlington were Ceilum Maher with two goals and one assist , Olu Solanke with one goal one assist and Evan Grattan in goal with good distribution throughout and the penalty save .Best for the visitors were Shane Higgins, Gary Scully, Cian Gilson and Dylan Aulsbury.

Rathangan AFC 1 Old Fort Celtic FC 3

On a beautiful day in Rathangan the home side were hoping to get some points on the board and in the early stages had a few opportunities but unfortunately couldn't find target with Oisin Conway working extremely hard. Lee Moore and Tone Byrne were working hard also until Tone Byrne was forced off due to injury in the twentieth minute. It was then it opened up for Old Fort in the twenty eight minute when Rathangan were deemed to have fouled and given away a penalty. Old Fort made no mistake as they made it 1-0. The visitors doubled their advantage on the thirty seventh minute to make it 2-0.  

The home side started well in the second half and they put the minimum between the sides after five minutes of the restart When Lee Moore was on the ball and as he was going pass his player he was fouled. Moore stepped up and nicely placed the ball to the left-hand corner of the net. Rathangan were now on their uppers but somewhat against the run of play OFC added a third. Best for the home side were Ryan Ivers and Tommy Power.  

Naas United FC 1 Clane United FC 0

Naas United travelled the short distance to play Clane United FC on their astro pitch in a hotly anticipated Senior division game. Naas were looking for their third win from three games but knew this would be a difficult task against a quality Clane team. Clane started the better and put the pressure on Naas from the onset but John Paul Higgins, Jamie Dunne, Jordan Martella, Sheldan Mbala and Keith Higgins in the United goal cleared everything that was sent their way. Naas gradually started to come into the game and Samson Omoteso was causing Clane problems down the left hand side fired wide two opportunities created by Wayne Long and Sean Gavin and the game remained scoreless till the half time break. 

The second half started with both teams attacking on the counter and Clane went close a few times but were denied again by United's resolute back five. On the seventieth minute, the only goal of the game came when a superb ball from Sheldon Mbala was played to the feet of Sean Gavin who sent a lovely flick into the path of Samson Omoteso who made no mistake with a clinical volley from twenty yards. Clane to their credit battled away and forced a couple of chances but again Naas United's defence stood solid. Naas were unlucky with another couple of chances and in the end held out for a great 1-0 win. Naas had a lot of stars on the day on what was a great team performance but Jamie Dunne, JP Higgins, Keith Higgins, Sheldon Mbala and his brother Marvin Mbala, Sean Gavin, Omoteso, Jamie Nolan and MOTM Jordan Martella were the stand out performers on the day.

24 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page